Saturday, September 10, 2011

The One Where It's Grandparents Day!

Pagie, Rick and I have all been blessed with some great grandparents.  Sunday is Grandparents Day, so I decided to send out a few cards to show them we cared about them.  I got the idea here, and grabbed some of our scrapbook paper and ended up making 9... yes NINE cards (Paige has 3 sets of grandparents and 5 sets of great-grandparents... some of them steps, but that's still family!).  I used a few different patterns, but they all basically were the same thing.  

I let Paige color on her hand print since she loves to color, and I thought it would make it more from her that way.  Also, Rick told me I should write 'pull my finger' so they knew to move the hand.  I did on most of them, but I just wrote 'pull down' for the more conservative grandparents.  :)


I'm happy with how they turned out and I hope that it gave them all big smiles.

Thanks A MILLION to all of the grandparents we have.  They have all been such great supports in our lives.  We love them!


I will be linking up here and here and here and here and here. :)

4 comments:

Jamie said...

omg this is so so cute! I so would do this if I was still a teacher!! Great idea. :o)

Please feel free to link up your awesome grandparents day card to my Make Yourself Monday Blog Hop! I'd love to have you!! :o)

Jamie
For Love of Cupcakes

Michelle said...

Thank you, that's really nice of you! I'll go your way to your blog now! Thank you for the nice comment!

The Pumpkin said...

Those are so cute! I love it :)

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for this idea! All the grandparents and great grandparents are getting this as their v-day cards. http://aidenandmaya.blogspot.com/2012/02/valentines-blowing-lots-of-kisses-your.html