Remember that one time when I said "What are the chances that all 3 of us need surgery within a few months of each other??" Well... let me rephrase that...
What are the chances that all 3 of us will have surgery within 2 1/2 weeks of each other?
Yep... you read right.
I had my sinus surgery (on Friday the 13th might I add) and it went well. I have been able to tolerate the pain, that is until my follow up appointment on Tuesday. I swear they tried to turn my nose inside out. It was the most awful sound, and I feel like I have been punched in the nose. But, other than that, I have been recovering with flying colors.
Rick got his call this week... the one saying there was a donor available for him. It is scheduled for a week from Friday. He will probably have to take 6 weeks off of work, but luckily, it looks like he has that much pto saved up. He will be on crutches for about 2 months, and it will take him a year to get back to where he is now.
Paige's next surgery is scheduled for June 1... yes, less than a week after his surgery. He won't be healed enough to go to hers even. If all goes as planned, this will be Paige's last surgery (at least until she's almost in kindergarten), so we are so happy about that. I have been way more nervous for her surgery than I was for mine.
Needless to say, we have met our max out of pocket from our insurance, and the next 2 surgeries will be on the house. Every week that goes by, I feel more and more confident that the job that fell into my lap, fell there for a reason. That doesn't necessarily mean it makes me like it more, but it makes it more tolerable. :)
And that's just the tip of the ice burg... wanna know what else has been going on at our house? :)
- we sold rick's car
- we bought him a "new to us" car
- my laptop crashed (thank heaven I had almost everything backed up)
- i am helping my sisters throw a shower for my sis-in-law this weekend
- paige finally cut her 4th tooth (she had 3 teeth for like 2 weeks... it was so cute & funny)
- we have a duck in our front yard that has been sitting on her nest for 3 weeks now. i named her ducky. the dad (who we hear more than see) is named mr. ducky. we feed ducky bread every morning.
- i was able to do a mini photo shoot for my newest nephew
- paige will walk if she's excited about something, but if she is thinking about it, she is scared to walk.
- rick joined a flag football league and basketball league, so he has at least 2 games each week (that is, until his surgery)
- we found out that paige loves nick jr & disney jr. how does she already know to like cartoons? olivia, yo gabba gabba, puzzle time & mickey mouse club house are her favorites.
- paige says diaper, baby & ba ba (for bottle), and if we ask her where things like her book, ball, or doggie are, she will get them and show us. it's been so fun.
- we have a cricket in our kitchen. it's very loud, and we can tell around where it is coming from, but can't find it.
- paige loves to get into the laundry... the other day she found some diaper covers/panties and put them on her head.
And I am sure I am forgetting a couple of things. Life has been so crazy lately, but I am the happiest I have ever been. With all of this lining up the way it has, just strengthens my testimony, that God is aware of us and our needs, and he is taking care of things for us.