Friday, September 7, 2012

The One With Photo Friday: Our Fun For Paige Day

After being so busy lately, and after chanting the mantra 'I will be patient with my toddler today' in my head over and over the other morning, I decided it would be good for both Paige & I to have a fun day.  Well, a 'fun for Paige day'.  I put off working (don't tell my boss) so I could focus on her (not something I am always able do).
Thank you pinterest...

Paige trying to show that she's 2 years old
We didn't do anything spectacular, just little things that she likes.  Things like, riding her bike, running in the back yard, taking a long bath, going shopping & taking pictures of her.  Believe it or not, she likes shopping & getting her picture taken just as much, if not more than I like to go & take them... we make a pretty good team.  Now, if I could just get her to stop doing her 'cheese face' or 'pretty smile' every time my cell phone or camera point in her general direction.  I did manage to get a few normal faces this time, though by telling her to sing ('la la la') instead.  A mom's gotta do what a mom's gotta do.



I'm embarrassed that I don't do days like this more often, in fact, I've often felt guilty for working as much as I do, which can take more attention than I'd like away from her.  Finding a balance between being a mom & wife (as far as helping financially) can be very tricky for me at times, but I might just be getting the hang of things finally. 



I'm so glad I spent the day focusing on her.  I vow to have more days like this, because it's not only good for her, but good for mamma too.  Especially since before we know it, we'll have one more little one to give attention to.

One of my attempts of the belly kiss... it would have been better if Rick was around to take this one :)
Belly Kiss attempt #2


And don't you worry, I saved the best for last.  I thought it would be cute to copy this picture from pinterest, but instead, I got this...



No comments: