Monday, January 18, 2010

The One With Some Updates

It's update time!

I've been lucky enough to get unemployment. So, even though I haven't been working as hard as my husband, it's been good to feel like I am still helping out a little financially, and hopefully taking a little bit of stress off of him. His full time job cut his hours a couple of weeks ago, so Rick found another part time job... that makes three! He starts his new job today. It's a blessing in disguise because this way he is getting some accounting experience, so when he graduates, he will have a better chance of getting hired. I'm a proud wifey.

We had what will be our last little mini trip before the baby is born. Over the weekend, we went to Logan to visit some friends, so Rick could go hunting, and to watch the Aggies beat Boise State (I've always loathed Boise State...). It was nice to get away, even if it wasn't far or for long.

My sinus infection has come and gone a few times since December, but never got bad enough for me to go to the doctor... that is until yesterday. I was struggling breathing, and felt like an elephant was sitting on my chest, so we went into the ER. They did a cat scan & an EKG to make sure I didn't have any blood clots or pneumonia. Thankfully it wasn't quite that bad. The doctor said that my sinus infection has traveled down to my lungs and is developing into bronchitis. He gave me a prescription of antibiotics, and I am already feeling much better (partly because I had the best nights sleep in a week, I am sure). So now I am at the stage where I am on cloud 9 and very grateful for feeling good.

I'm 34 weeks now & have just a little over a month until my due date. It's flown by so fast! We've had so many family and friends help us out with furniture and other baby stuff. Everyone has been so generous, and we appreciate it so much! It's awesome, too, because our furniture for the baby came from 2 different people, and yet they all match perfectly! That was something I was thrilled about. I am still trying to organize her room and make a couple more decorations, then I will finally post pictures. Every time I finally get the room organized, more people give us more things to put in her room! She even has a closet full of clothes already. Thank you so much everyone!!

No comments: