Monday, March 18, 2013

The One About The Apraxia Walk

As most of you know, I recently found out about a walk to raise awareness & money for children with Apraxia.  I am so glad I found out about it in time, I would have been so sad if I missed it this year.  I immediately got excited about it & we signed up.



I have thought about it for a week now, each day getting more & more excited about the walk.  I want to go for me & for Paige.  I want us to know other families who are going through this.  I want Paige to know she has people who love her.



The topic of Apraxia can be a sensitive one for me (thank you post-baby hormones!).  Although it can be really hard at times, but it also brings us so much joy in her successes.  I know that Paige isn't defined by Apraxia, but it has shaped her & made her who she is today.  Even at her young age, she has allowed it to make her a stronger & better person.  I love her more because of that.  She has been so persistent & patient with it... more so than I have been!




Just this morning I posted about it on Facebook, thinking that nothing would come of it.  I still felt passionate enough about it to post it anyway.  In just a few hours, we have had friends & family sign up &/or donate money.  I have had friends post on their blogs & FB accounts asking their friends to join us.  I have even had people I don't know make donations towards 'Team Paige' for Apraxia.  I have been brought to tears many times this morning because of all of this.  Each reaction has meant so much to me.


I just want to say thank you.  Not only to those who will join us, or to those who have made donations, but thank you for your support through the past few years.  We have amazing family & friends who love Paige so much & I am so grateful for that.



I am hoping to make this a tradition each year and we would love to have you join us.  Please do not feel obligated to sign up.  If you cannot make it or donate, I just want to say thank you for your words of encouragement, your advice & your listening ear.  Your support in other ways have not gone unnoticed.  We are truly blessed to have such great family & friends!  Thank you!


If you would like to join Team Paige on April 20, 2013, please click here.  

For more information about the walk, please click here.
For more information about Apraxia, please click here.

No comments: