Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The One Where I Jinxed Myself!

On Saturday, I finally decided to write in my journal. It had been a while. The first line said, "well, I don't think our lives can change any more right about now." (you know, with the baby, condo, Rick starting his Master's program, Rick starting a second job... etc.)

And then the phone rang . . .

It was the first counselor . . .

We both got callings with the youth. Although, the Sunday lessons, and weeknight activities for both of us are just another thing to add to our already overflowing plate, I am actually very excited. I have always wanted to be an advisor in young womens, and the beehives are the best. They are always just wanting to have fun and giggle. It makes me want to stay in the ward longer, but I know that is not very likely. We'll probably have to move out somewhere between November & January.
I did buy some fabric so I can start on a new project while Rick is working at nights. I am excited to start that. I'll probably post pictures once I get started.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

Beehives ARE the best! When I first got called to be a Beehive advisor I was psyched to be in YW but would have preferred the Laurels so we could chat about boys and dating and stuff. BUT it didn't take long to realize that the Beehives are so new to the whole program that they're excited about mutual and personal progress. The older girls get pickier about which activities they'll attend and are so overscheduled that personal progress is just one more thing to do. I loved the Beehives! Now I'm the Laurel advisor. :) They're pretty great too, but for different reasons.

mailnat said...

That is the perfect job for you!