Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The One With The Confessions Of A New Mom



I've been realizing some things in the past month and thought I would share them with you. Some of these things I expected to happen, and others were surprises. :)

  • Although it's never fun to wake up every three hours in the middle of the night, that time is usually my favorite time with Paige.
  • I know newborns are easy since they sleep so much, but I still don't know how everyone does it with more than one other child.
  • You can never kiss your baby too much . . it never gets old.
  • I'm still in shock that I had a baby and that I am a mom.
  • A bigger chest helps you to look thinner (as opposed to a smaller chest...).
  • Sleep is great!
  • It's funny how my idea of "accomplishments" have changed. I get excited and proud of myself for just taking a shower.
  • I love it when she's a little fussy (she really isn't fussy very much at all...) when someone else is holding her, and they pass her to me and she stops crying.
  • Although I am not sure when I'll find the time, I am actually excited to start exercising again. That's big! :)
  • Time flies by now. Faster than I ever thought possible.
  • I'm surprised at how going out (just for one small thing during the day) is somehow an all-day thing. It takes the whole day to prepare for it.
  • I can't tell you how much I appreciate it when Rick appreciates the little things that I do (including me getting up with Paige at night), and ignores all of the other things (usually house chores) that didn't get done.
  • I knew nursing would be hard and take a lot of time and effort, but I didn't know it would be this hard.
  • You know you are a mom when it's 11:30 am and you realized that you haven't eaten breakfast or brushed your teeth yet.
  • It's kind of fun to have strangers gawk over how tiny she is, when she's really grown so much.
  • I haven't taken half as many pictures of her as I thought I would. We've just been focusing on eating and sleeping mostly. :)

My baby is 4 weeks old on Thursday (tomorrow). I really cannot believe it. She is 7 1/2 lbs now, so she's gained 2 lbs since she was born. She's finally the size of an average new born baby. She's so tall, and has grown over 2 inches in the past month. I don't want her to grow up, just grow more hair. :) Although, she hasn't lost any hair yet. Let's hope it stays that way. She's a happy baby and only cries when she's hungry. She does "complain", though, as my friend Carlye put it, when she isn't exactly thrilled with other parts of life.

I bought her blessing dress, and it's a size 2XS. We aren't going to bless her until May, but I hope she fits in it by then. It looks like it would drown her right now.

She's starting to wake up a little more and I love it. I felt like I was able to play with her for the first time yesterday and it made me so happy. She even did what seemed like a possible smile while we played. I don't care if it wasn't real yet, it still made my day.



1 comment:

Carlye said...

Cute pics. I love your list.
And I feel special that I was mentioned :-D