Monday, November 14, 2011

The One WIth Today's Grateful Post: Day 14

The other day I realized that I have known one of my friends, Magyn, for 18 out of my 25 years of living.  We were in the same class in second grade.  We still keep in touch, and try to get together as much as our crazy schedules allow us.  I feel so lucky to have been her friend for so long. 

I am super lucky to have 2 cousins my age (Becca & Candice), who I consider good friends too.  They, of course, have known me for my whole life.  We also try to get together as often as possible.  We have a lot of fun memories growing up.  It has meant a lot to me that they make it a point to be friends and not just see each other at family functions. 

I have one friend who I met in high school.  It was one of those times where you were friends from the first day we met (it's a pretty funny story actually... I smile every time I think about it).  Her name is Jessie.  She is such a great, positive sweet girl.  Once again, we aren't able to see each other very often at all, but when we do, you can't stop us from talking.  We don't miss a beat & time flies when we are together.  I look up to her so much.  She is always so happy & a great example to me.

I have one friend, who I haven't known for very long, maybe a year.  Her name is Kari & I met her at church.  She is so friendly and kind & has invited me several times to do activities with her and her kids.  She just moved out of the ward, so I'm kind of bummed.  She and I still get together, but it hasn't been as easy for me to find friends in this ward (and we've lived here for 2 years), especially to do something outside of church, so her friendship meant a lot to me.  

I am lucky too, because I have lots of other GREAT friends, even if I haven't known them as long.  Time doesn't permit me to see them as often as I would like, but I always have a fun time catching up with them when I do get to see them.

I look up to all of my friends.  They mean so much to me.  They put up with me.  They give me something to look forward to.  They are amazing (chances are if you are reading this, you are one of them!)  They help me to be a better person. 

So today, I am grateful for my friends.  I'm grateful for the happiness they bring into my life.  I'm grateful for blogs, texting & Facebook so I can keep in touch with them easier & more often.  I'm grateful that they put up with me.  I'm grateful that they add so much to my life.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I just noticed the silhouette at the bottom of your blog. SOOOOOO darling! How did you do that?

Michelle said...

Thanks!! I think if you click on the image it will take you to the site that will do it for you.