Thursday, November 3, 2011

The One With Today's Grateful Post: Day 3

Paige is so fun.  She is, though, nearing the dreaded age of 2.  There are lots of great things & hard things about this age.


The Good:
She is learning so much.  She's learning to sign on her own, without us prompting her.  She's learning to tell us when we need to change her diaper.  She's learning to play on the playground without us following her every step.  She's working with a speech therapist, and doing well with that.  She's just about mastered playing with us (especially her dad... did I mention she's a total daddy's girl?).




The Hard:
She's started throwing tantrums a little bit.  She sometimes takes some convincing to eat.  She likes to be out and part of the party, so going down for naps or bed is not as easy as it used to be.  She is non stop, always going & doing something.


Don't get me wrong, she is still a really good baby/toddler.  We lucked out with her.  For the most part, she is obedient & people are often impressed (in public) at how well behaved she is.


So, today, I am grateful for Paige.  I'm grateful for her fun personality.  I'm grateful for her cute smile.  I'm grateful for how much she adores her dad.  I'm grateful for the happiness she has brought into my life.  I'm so grateful that I'm her mom.  Oh yeah, and one more thing... I'm grateful for nap time too.  :)


No comments: