Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The One With Today's Grateful Post: Day 2

Yesterday, after almost a year of applying & interviewing, Rick got offered an accounting position.  He currently (not for much longer) is working for the police department in gang investigations, and owns his own small accounting/bookkeeping job that he does from home.  A couple of months ago, he even got his masters degree, but still has had no luck.  I told him several times that when God thinks it's right, he will get a job, and that we needed Rick to keep his current job for his insurance (since we met our out of pocket and got his surgery & Paige's last surgery free... we needed that).  Our insurance was renewed in July, so I kept thinking he will get an offer any minute.  His feedback from interviews was that he either didn't have as much experience as other interviewees, or people thought he was too over qualified because he has a masters degree.

On Monday, he told me that they wanted to check his references & that it sounded like as long as those calls went well the job was his.  On Tuesday, they emailed him an offer.  Although, it's not much more pay than he is getting now, we are thrilled.  This is what he needs to be doing & what he wants to be doing.  I'm so excited for him.

For this month, I am trying to post one post a day about something I am grateful for.  Probably something that has to do with my recent days.  And I promise, to try to post pictures more often than not, because a post with a picture is so much more fun.  :)

So, for today's grateful post, I am grateful for; Rick & how hard he is willing to work for our family (at one time he had 3 jobs), for his willingness & determination to go to so many interviews (I hate interviews), and for God & answering our prayers.

2 comments:

Mindy said...

That's great Michelle! I'm happy for you guys.

The Pumpkin said...

Yay! That's great news! Congrats to Rick!