Tuesday, November 8, 2011

The One With Today's Grateful Post: Day 8

Once a month, my ward's relief society gets together to go to the temple.  The relief society president offers to watch any and all kids so their mom's can go.  Because of my work schedule, it just never worked out for me to go, but today, I made it a priority.

I was asked to work this morning, but turned it down for once.  Paige and I woke up not feeling the best.  The time overlapped with Paige's nap time.  I almost didn't go again.  It had been far too long since I had been, so I was so grateful for a couple of small changes made to the plans (requested by other ladies from the ward), that made it easier for me to go.

I felt at peace.  I was happy to visit with such happy ladies from the ward.  I was happy to get out of the house too... :)

Source

So today, I am grateful for the temple.  I am grateful for an escape from this world.  I am grateful for the peace that is there.  I am SO grateful for our sweet relief society president who wasn't only willing, but excited to watch our kids for us.  I wouldn't have been able to go without her.  I'm grateful that Paige was good for her and loved every second of it.

No comments: