Monday, November 21, 2011

The One With Today's Grateful Post: Day 21

Paige & I are always so excited when Rick gets home from work.  Sometimes we hear his car outside, so we go wait at the door for him.  When he gets home, lots of times he is able to play with Paige (you know, the way only dad's can).  This is a really good time for me to get a couple of things done, whether it's finishing dinner, sending out schedules for work, or even just having "me time". 

Occasionally, though, I watch them. 

It's the cutest thing.  They adore each other.  Paige runs and does her cute little happy squeal.  They wrestle & chase each other.  They play in her room.  Whatever they do, they have a lot of fun doing it. 

Today was one of those days when I was able to just watch, occasionally participate, and enjoy.  When that happens, I realize that this is what life is all about, this is all that matters in life, and that this is what makes me the happiest.  Not to sound too cheesy, but it's almost like time stands still for a moment so I can just breathe and enjoy.  Everything on my (huge and continually growing) to-do list melts off my mind (which is a very rare occasion).

So today, I am grateful for moments like these.  I'm grateful for Rick taking time to show Paige he loves her and give her some attention & fun time (lets face it, being with mom all day can be so boring!).  I'm grateful for the relationship they have with each other.  It's so sweet.  I'm grateful for the reminder of what life is all about. 

No comments: